Balanced Care Method
The Balanced Care Method™: We Offer a Holistic Approach to Care
At Home Care Assistance, we pride ourselves on taking a proactive approach to health and wellness. Our Balanced Care Method™ promotes lifestyle factors that contribute to healthy longevity. This method serves as a core part of our caregiver training model. Based on a 15 year study of the elders that live in Okinawa, Japan, the program promotes overall well-being through a variety of ways.
- Healthy diet
- Mental stimulation
- A sense of purpose
Influenced by the Inhabitants of Okinawa, Japan
The Okinawa region is home to the largest number of centenarians with the least amount of disease anywhere in the world. Researchers attribute this good health to several things, one of which is a diet low in fat, salt and sugar. Inhabitants also work, exercise and stay active into their old age, focus on preventative care, and live in a community that emphasizes optimism, family togetherness and respect for elders. While researchers found that one-third of the reason behind this longer, healthier lifespan can be attributed to genetics, the other two-thirds are dependent on lifestyle choices. These are some of the factors that have influenced the creation of the Balanced Care Method.
Five Aspects of the Balanced Care Method
Home Care Assistance caregivers are trained in this revolutionary, life-changing method, which is based on a book by our founders called Happy to 102.
There are five parts to the system.
- The nutrition section provides caregivers with excellent recipes and encourages habits such as eating until 80% fullness and finding salt alternatives. This section also emphasizes foods that become more important as the body ages in order to provide proper nutrition and wellbeing.
- The physical section provides guidelines for staying active, including stretching exercises, yoga poses, gardening and other suggestions for maintaining an active lifestyle as you age. These activities help to reduce falls, combat depression/anxiety and fight a host of other diseases. Even moderate exercise such as walking can increase circulation with valuable benefits.
- The mental stimulation section includes tried and true mental exercises that help seniors stay sharp and improve memory retention. Keeping the brain active and engaged is an important factor in warding off dementia.
- The socialization section encourages interaction for seniors. New studies show that people are spending eight to ten years, on average, without access to transportation. Isolation is dangerous. Our caregivers are trained to provide transportation and/or Internet/phone opportunities for seniors to get out, enjoy interaction with others and stay connected--which is so important for longevity. We encourage our clients to be as independent as possible.
- The section on providing a sense of purpose encourages seniors to remember their purpose and passions. To this end, we make the senior’s life, goals and passions part of their care plan.
We care about them as individuals and valuable members of society and implement their personal passions and interests into their plans for care.
Call Home Care Assistance to Learn More About Our Franchise Opportunity
For more information about the methods that distinguish our senior home care franchise and to learn how you can get involved, contact Home Care Assistance at (888) 834-3844 today. We would be happy to answer your questions and provide you with more information about this unique franchise opportunity. We are excited to have you on our team and to help us change the way the world ages!
9 out of 10
seniors prefer to age at home.
people turn 65 every Day!
Average Revenue for sites open at least 12 months